Top photo: Nate Salnick - 2011 Best Deck Contest Entry
It may be cold and snowy out there, and parents may be busier thinking about their Elf on the Shelf’s next escapade rather than how to set a pretty dining table for their first barbeque next summer, but true die-hard deck-lovers dream of their outdoor living space all year round.
Therefore, why not give the gift of anticipation during the darkest time of the year and bring a little taste of summer’s warmth of into their lives this holiday season?
Some of the best gift ideas for the deck-lovers in your life include:
Gifts for serving food and beverages outdoors
- Trays with tall edges and sturdy handles for carrying drinks and snacks
- Sets of matching, brightly colored placemats, napkins and napkin rings
- Personalized beverage tubs
- Sets of colorful shatter-proof tumblers
- Fun/humorous drink coasters or cocktail napkins
- Mesh food covers
Gifts for grilling
- Barbeque tools and equipment, such as tongs, spatulas, shish kabob skewers, hot pads, wire grill brushes, etc.
- Jars or bottles of interesting barbeque sauces, marinades, infused oils, or flavored vinegars
- Rolling BBQ supply carts
- Fun vintage aprons for the cooks
- Planter boxes/decorative planters for growing flowers, veggies and herbs
- All-weather chaises, Adirondack chairs, side tables, etc.
- All-weather pillows and cushions
- Portable bar
- Fire pits
- Gift cards to Deckorators retailers for deck upgrades such as designer post caps, recessed lighting kits, low voltage lighting, etc.
- Pretty or whimsical shatterproof vases
- Decorative wire baskets to hold fruit, napkins, candles, etc.
- Hurricane candleholders and large pillar candles
- Cozy throws
Happy shopping and have a wonder holiday!